The representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the new rules of accreditation of foreign media
New rules for accreditation of foreign media in Azerbaijan have been designed in accordance with the Constitution and laws of the country guaranteeing freedom of information and media. The experience of EU countries, including Eastern Europe, said Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry was taken into account, spokesman Hikmet Hajiyev reported in an interview.
According to him, the procedure for accreditation in Azerbaijan has been "simplified." In some Western countries for accreditation is requested a letter from the government, guarantees, bank statements, and numerous other documents. In particular, representatives of Azerbaijan's face it abroad, he said.
In 2014, in Azerbaijan were accredited up to 160 foreign media. While the accreditation of journalists at the European games will be provided the rules of the International and European Olympic Committees, he said.
For coverage of the European Games about 700 international and more than 600 local journalists appealed for accreditation. Competitions will cover up to 200 broadcasters, Hajiyev said.
The new accreditation rules came into force on April 4 this year.
For the accreditation of foreign media following documents are required:
- Letter Guide of foreign media in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan;
- Application form the media;
- Color photo 3x4 cm. In duplicate;
- Copy of passport (if an employee of the foreign media is an Azerbaijani citizen, a copy of identity card);
- A copy of the business card;
The appeal on accreditation of representatives of foreign mass media shall be considered within 30 days, in the case of a positive decision, it gets accreditation card for one year. Ministry of Foreign Affairs may refuse to obtain accreditation in the following cases:
- If the submitted documents do not comply with the rules;
- If false information was provided;
- If the media representatives visited the occupied territories of Azerbaijan by Armenia, without the permission of the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry;
- If the activity is identified by representatives of foreign media, directed against the territorial integrity, sovereignty, interests and independence of Azerbaijan.
Maybe you are interested in:
Some foreign journalists are not accredited on the eve of parliamentary elections
Irfan Siddiq: It is a shame that some journalists were deprived from the Games
CPJ: Not all journalists get accreditation for the European Games in Baku
Stricter Rules for Accreditation of Foreign Media in Azerbaijan
Russian Embassy in Baku is waiting for clarification from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan's on deportation of Russian